Learn more about our pet ultrasound services in Swansea, IL below.
Pet health Examinations
At Lashley Animal Hospital, we understand that when your pets are not feeling well, it can be a stressful and worrying time. That’s why we offer state-of-the-art pet ultrasound services to help diagnose and treat your furry companions with precision and care.
What is Pet Ultrasound?
Pet ultrasound, also known as ultrasonography, is a non-invasive imaging technique that uses high-frequency sound waves to create real-time images of your pet’s internal organs and structures. It allows our experienced veterinarians to visualize the heart, liver, kidneys, spleen, bladder, and other soft tissues without the need for surgery.
Why Choose Pet Ultrasound?
- Accurate Diagnoses: Pet ultrasound provides our veterinary team with a detailed view of your pet’s organs, helping us to identify and diagnose various conditions such as tumors, cysts, foreign bodies, and other abnormalities.
- Non-Invasive and Painless: Unlike some diagnostic procedures, pet ultrasound is entirely non-invasive and painless for your furry friend. There’s no need for anesthesia, making it a safer option for pets of all ages.
- Real-Time Results: With pet ultrasound, we can see real-time images, allowing us to immediately assess your pet’s health and provide timely treatment if necessary.
- Guided Procedures: Pet ultrasound is not only used for diagnosis; it can also be employed to guide various procedures, such as biopsies, for precise and accurate results.
Our team at Lashley Animal Hospital understands the anxiety that comes with having a sick pet. We take every measure to ensure your pet feels comfortable and cared for during the ultrasound procedure.
When Does Your Pet Need an Ultrasound?
There are several situations where pet ultrasound can be beneficial:
- Unexplained weight loss or loss of appetite
- Abnormal blood work or lab results
- Changes in urinary or bowel habits
- Lethargy or reduced activity levels
- Vomiting or diarrhea that doesn’t improve
- Suspected pregnancy and reproductive evaluations
If you suspect your pet may benefit from an ultrasound, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Our team will be more than happy to assist you and address any questions or concerns you may have.