Lashley Animal Hospital has gathered some helpful information you can read about below!
More Pet Information
Disaster Plan for Pets
Keep your pets safe in a natural disaster or everyday emergency by preparing an emergency plan for your pets. In the following, you’ll find a list of ideas to help you plan for an unexpected event.
- Make sure your pet is wearing a collar with identification at all times. Microchipping your pet and keeping your information up to date is also a good idea.
- Assemble a disaster bag with items such as:
- A supply of food and water for at least five days for each pet, with a manual can opener for canned pet food, as well as an extra gallon of water in case your pet has been exposed to chemicals or flood waters and needs to be rinsed
- Medications and current medical and vaccination records stored in a waterproof container
- A first aid kit and pet first aid book
- Cat litter, litter box, and accessories to collect your pets’ waste
- Sturdy leashes, harnesses, and pet carriers to safely and easily transport your pets and ensure they cannot escape
- Current photos of you with your pets and descriptions of your pets in case you and your pets get separated
- Written information about your pets’ feeding schedules, medical conditions, and behavioral issues, as well as the name and contact information of your veterinarian
- A list of pet-friendly hotels or boarding kennels in your immediate area
- In the event of an evacuation, take your pet with you.
- If you’re staying at home, be sure to identify a safe area inside the home where you and your pets can stay together. Make the area animal-friendly:
- Close off access to unsafe nooks and crannies where animals may try to hide
- Move dangerous items such as tools or toxic products
- Make sure your doors and windows are closed and stay inside
- If you can’t get home to your pet, get in touch with a trusted neighbor, friend, or relative and give them a key to your house. Make sure the caretaker is comfortable and familiar with your pets, knows of your pets’ whereabouts and habits, and is aware of where their food and water is kept, where they are normally fed, and if they need any medication.
Referral Discount Program
The greatest compliment you can give us is to recommend Lashley Animal Hospital to one of your family, friends, colleagues, or associates. We value the confidence you have in us. We gladly offer discounts for client referrals to show our gratitude.
For each new client that visits our office for veterinary service and presents a completed referral coupon, the referring client will receive a 10% service discount at their next visit. Maximum a 10% service discount per visit. Ask us for a referral coupon at your next visit.
We know that by continuing to excel in our levels of service and care, our practice will continue to thrive. Thank you for your continued friendship.
Pets for Patriots
Pets for Patriots, Inc. is a nationally operating 501(c)(3) charity that creates life-saving opportunities for veterans to adopt homeless cats and dogs. This charity is one of the only organizations in the country dedicated to U.S. military veterans from WWII to those currently serving, while saving the most overlooked homeless animals. Pets for Patriots is a proud member of the Army AW2 Wounded Warrior Program national community support network, a national partner of the Real Warriors Campaign, and is also listed by the National Resource Directory for ill and wounded veterans.
It is entirely free for veterans to join Pets for Patriots, though they will be responsible for their pet’s adoption fee. However, to reduce the chance of these pets being surrendered, the charity provides veterans with a $150 gift card upon proof of eligible adoption to help with food and other essentials. Lashley Animal Hospital also provides an ongoing 10% service discount to encourage responsible pet veterinary care.
If you are interested in this program, you must first apply through Pets for Patriots and provide all relevant eligibility documents. Approval usually takes no more than two business days, after which you can visit a local Pets for Patriots adoption partner to find your new companion. Visit Pets for Patriots for more information.
Lashley Animal Hospital is always looking for honest, trustworthy, reliable technicians and assistants who are able to multitask and function as a team. We offer full-time, day and night positions with competitive wages.
Learn more here.
Belleville Humane Society
The Belleville Area Humane Society’s mission is to strive to improve the lives of homeless animals in our community through adoption, humane education, and community outreach.
Learn more here.
Treehouse Wildlife Center
TreeHouse Wildlife Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the rehabilitation of sick, injured, and orphaned wildlife and the educational promotion of environmental stewardship and awareness. Established in 1979, TreeHouse has been serving the southwestern Illinois community for over 40 years as a professional resource for those who encounter a wild animal in need.
In addition, TreeHouse believes that for any wildlife rehabilitation program to be truly successful, it must be partnered with an interactive public education program. We have been given the very unique opportunity to interact with the public and educate our human communities about the value of wildlife, the basic needs of these animals, and man’s overall impact. By following these educative objectives we can further our cause by teaching people to have compassion, tolerance, and understanding for the creatures that we dedicate our time to save.
Learn more here.