Thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Lashley Animal Hospital.
Lashley Animal Hospital is always seeking honest, trustworthy, reliable, outgoing, service-oriented technician and assistants who can multi-task and function as a team. We offer full time, day and night shifts with competitive wages.
We are currently seeking a Certified Veterinary Technician to be a part of our thriving, fast-paced veterinary practice in Swansea, IL. We currently have 2 veterinarians in our practice which specializes in small animal medicine. We are looking to add to our talented staff that is focused on providing excellent medical care and attention to our pets and their owners.
- Assist doctors and hold animal when necessary for examinations, procedures, and surgery.
- Fill prescriptions, set up fecal, blood, and urinalysis testing
- Monitor treatments of animals under our care; keeping doctors up-to-date on patient progress
- Monitor Anesthesia
- Kennel care of animals at our facility including feeding, watering, bathing, sanitizing runs/cages, walking, and medicating animals
- Schedule appointments, file, and send reminders to clients
- Manage client phone calls including gaining information from client, speaking with doctors and relaying information back to the client
- Assist with the management of the office including monitoring inventory of medications, medical supplies and office supplies, keeping the facility clean, organized, and equipped internally and externally
- Greet clients, enter client information, weigh animals and escort clients to the exam rooms
- Billing and invoicing
- Must provide above average customer service to our clients and their pets. 2-3 years in a customer service position required.
- Previous experience assisting in a veterinary or medical facility a plus.
- Computer skills required. Experience with veterinary or medical computer software including scheduling appointments, documenting procedures, and managing invoices a plus.
- Previous office management experience a plus.
- Must possess a positive attitude, compassion, and strong skills working on a team.
- Must have an excellent work ethic and be highly dependable.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
Due to liability concerns, our insurance company has advised us that we are unable to offer volunteer positions.
We do encourage students that are interested in the field of Veterinary Medicine to spend a few hours shadowing a veternarian or veterinary assistant/technician so that they obtain a better understanding of the field and its requirements. We try to assist in this area by accepting a limited number of “Job Shadows” each year, if possible. Students must be of high school age or above. Please contact our office for further information if you are interested.
Thank you for your interest in Lashley Animal Hospital!